Friday, October 2, 2009

First Attempt

I've been thinking I should do this for a long time.  I so enjoy reading other blogs (Nancy, Tom, Alice) and keeping up with them through the process.  My stories may be infrequent, but hopefully, entertaining.

 I so enjoy simple everyday activities with the grandboys.  Yesterday, I went to preschool with Owen and determined that he is in a very nice place.  The parent communication system is enviable.  All of my parents do not come at the end of the morning so I can't do a morning re-cap.  It was very helpful. Nancy and I were able to ask great questions all afternoon based on the parent feedback.

I spent an hour with Joel in Safeway while Nancy was at the gym.  He babbled, and danced and attracted a great deal of attention.  His glasses are comment-magnets.  People respond well when told that the glasses are helping and probably will enable him to avoid surgery.  He knows he is cute and plays shy when strangers approach.  I had the best time.  I enjoyed chatting with him, singing to entertain him and just having one-on-one time. That is what grandmothers do best.  The other grandparents in the store got it.

Today we went to the Calvert County fair.  Owen said the best ride was the school bus.  We'll see if he sticks to that when he sees my pictures.  The shots may remind him of the other fun.  He enjoyed the moon bounce, train and worm.  The spinning dragon that he rode with Nancy-not so much. It was "too fast".

There was a small enclosure near one of the exhibit buildings that was set up to let small children do farm chores.  There were real ears of corn to pick from felt covered pipe "cornstalks".  The plush chickens sat on terra cotta eggs.  The apples tied to the plastic ficus tree were ripe and ready to harvest in the pint baskets the children were issued as they entered the enclosure. Joel knew exactly what to do with the garden spades in the potting soil sandbox--wreck havoc.  Great entertainment.

I'm not sure how this should be ended.  Am I writing a note to friends?  It doesn't feel like dear diary, but some days it might.  Oh well-so long for now.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for including me in the blog...I will try to read it when I can...miss you dear Hittite. Hugs! Barb T from Arizona

    ReplyDelete